MEETING POSTPONED ON SEPT. 15TH
8:30-9 a.m. - Networking and Registration
9 a.m. - Announcements and Introductions
9:30 - 10:30 a.m. - Speaker
SPEAKER: Greg Dawson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Troy University
Dr. Greg Dawson is an Associate Professor in Counseling and Psychology at Troy University, Orlando Site. He has extensive experience in collaboration with health care providers both primary care physicians and specialists. Dr. Dawson’s current research interests include evidenced based treatments and collaboration between mental health professional and primary care physicians.
TOPIC: Integrated Medicine and Certified Behavioral Health Consultants
- Workshop attendees will be able to identify the needs for mental health professionals to collaborate with primary health care providers as part of any health care reform system.
- Attendees will be able to summarize supportive research for collaboration between mental health practitioners and primary care providers. From the U. S and elsewhere around the world.
- After completion of this workshop attendees will be able to recognize collaborative facilities that have fully integrated health and mental health care.
- Attendees will understand the cost benefits to coordinated and integrated care.
- Attendees will be able to identify mental health counselor’s roles and educational needs in the collaboration process.
MHCCF meets on the third Friday of every month, except for July and December. Unless otherwise specified, our meetings are held at All Saints Church, 338 E Lyman Ave, Winter Park, Fla., with registration starting at 8:30 a.m. and the program from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
It is free to attend MHCCF’s monthly meetings; however you must be a paid, professional member of MHCCF to qualify for 1 CEU. Active professional members of MHCCF are required to sign in and sign out at each meeting to receive a CEU. Please have your license number available upon check-in.
To become a member of MHCCF, please visit our website at mhccf.com and select the “Join Us” tab, or, sign up during networking & registration (8:30-9 am) at our monthly meeting. MHCCF accepts credit card or check payments at the door. We do not accept cash payments.