ON DEMAND WEBINAR
Release Date: May 15, 2020 at 9:00 AM
We are offering Weighty Matters: How to Help Clients Nourish and Accept Their Body in a Weight-Obsessed World as an "on-demand" webinar that will be released via email on Friday, May 15, 2020! Register online now in order to receive a copy of the video sent directly to your inbox! Let's go through what you will learn if you choose to join us. Then we can walk you through how it works a little further down this page.
As therapists, you are quite familiar with bias, stigma, and very well may be involved in social justice efforts to end; however, are you aware of that weight bias was the only bias that increased in recent years? In this presentation, Alice Baker will explore the potential problems with a weight normative approach, discuss the physiological and psychological impacts of weight stigma, and will provide the benefits of using a weight inclusive approach with your clients along with practical strategies of how to implement this approach.
- Participants will be able to identify 2 problems with the weight normative approach
- Participants will be able to define weight stigma, understand it's impact, and learn day to day examples of how weight stigma plays out.
- Participants will learn the 5 principles of the Health At Every Size Model
- Participants will be able to list 3 practical strategies to implement a weight inclusive approach
MEET OUR SPEAKER
Alice Baker MSRD CEDRD-S LMHC LD/N has over 23 years’ experience in the field of Eating Disorders and has served clients with eating disorders through the full spectrum of care from inpatient to outpatient. These roles include:
- Served as Nutrition Supervisor at Remuda Ranch Eating Disorder Treatment Center and creating their Nutrition toolbox.
- Developed and monitored the IOP nutrition component for The Eating Disorder Recovery Center of Florida.
- Developed the nutrition component for the eating disorders program at The Recovery Village and trained new dietitians at this facility.
- Developed and directed True Image Care, a biblically-based Eating Disorder ministry.
- Co-facilitated groups with local counseling centers on topics such as eating disorder recovery, eating disorder family support, intuitive eating, and health at every size.
Alice currently sees clients full-time in her private practice, facilitate support groups, presents locally and nationally on the topics of Eating Disorders, and supervises new dietitians in the eating disorder field.
Throughout, her passion has grown to walk with others as they looked at the underlying wounds that drove Eating Disorder Behaviors. Alice went back to school to obtain her Masters in Counseling and in January of 2017, she opened Courageous Hearts Counseling, a trauma and social justice informed practice dedicated to coming alongside men and women as they bravely enter their stories, the wounds they have experienced, the self-protective responses they have developed to survive, and new ways to love and be loved. Her specialties include Eating Disorders, Trauma, and Family of Origin Wounds.
HOW IT WORKS
- On the day of the event, we will send you a link with the video for you to watch your on-demand webinar video - ENJOY!
- Those who registered as Non-Member (CEU) and Members will receive a second email with the link for the CEU survey.
- You will have until May 31, 2020 to watch the video and complete the CEU survey for total of 1 CEU credit with the links that were sent via the previously mentioned emails (video and survey).
Members will have access to the on-demand webinar through the membership portal at www.mhccf.com under the "On-Demand Webinar" page. You can access this webinar, and receive 1 CEU, at anytime throughout the year! Just remember - of course, you can only complete each webinar for CEU credit once. CLICK HERE to become a member!
No problem! We have you covered. You can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text us at 407-502-0344. We are here to help you!